Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sun Halo

Yesterday was a sunny day with big dark clouds moving in (and this morning it rained).
While I was outside for a moment and looked up (enjoying the warmth and also noticing the "bite" of the sun)
I saw, through my brown toned sunglasses, a rainbow in the clouds.

Looking toward the sun for a second I saw that it was forming a complete circle around the sun. =))

So, I got my camera and set on beach/snow took a shot. It turned out well - not as colorful as it was with my brown sunglasses though.

My first sun halo!!
 =))

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(optical_phenomenon)

Original image "straight out of the camera"
Same image - now with some brightness reduction and sharpness added.
And yes, moments later this phenomena was gone *poof* vaporized like the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment