Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!!

After a cold day; mixed with clouds, rain, snow, and even a little sunshine yesterday
today started with bright sunshine. 
A perfect weather to get up early and see the sunrise and enjoy nature. I didn't wake up in time - my bad.
So you will have to do with a sunrise from another day:

sunrise from 2.1.2012 - a fresh beginning like today

A tradition in my area is to decorate the wells in the village. Each year it has a slightly different look. This is year's approach of Easter decoration on it:


So, since I missed the actual sunrise, my Easter day usually starts with a big breakfast:
breakfast table for Easter 2010
But this year - I even missed that. I stayed in bed too long; dreaming such nice, warm dreams of sunshine and beach and happy people all around me: ;)

So maybe I'll eat some rabbit cake like these as I still have some time to make them:
rabbit cake, 2011
Whatever will happen today, I will enjoy it. I hope you too have a good and happy day; no matter if you celebrate Easter for it's original reason, out of tradition or not at all!!! And I do better eat them all!!!!

Why? I took this online course and came across "Fibonacci and rabbits"! Well, think of the cakes (or pairs of cakes) as multiplying in a Fibonacci way. Soon (without eating any of them or them spoiling in any other way) there will be so  much cake I'd be swamped by rabbit cake. *LOL*
Here a video that explains it a bit more visually: (And once I know if I'm allowed to, I will link the actual Udacity course video that explains it too - but as it's a quiz answering video it may not be possible. )

OK, I have received an answer:
"We are encouraged by all the efforts our students have made to make our content available in other ways and to enhance it, so have decided to license our course content under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license. This license allows others to redistribute and adapt our content as they wish, so long as it is attributed to us and is not used for commercial purposes without our permission. We fully support those who have created other ways to access our content through alternative video distribution channels that make our courses more accessible and useful, and encourage efforts to develop original creative content that builds on our course content. Please share any new distributions or adaptations you produce by posting them on the course forum." Udacity
So here additionally the link I mentioned above:
Fibonacci Rabbits  
At the beginning is some explanation of how to calculate this in Phyton - but then comes the good part when calculating at what pint there's be more rabbits in weight than the mass of the Earth!!

Enjoy!!

Happy Easter!!
and
BEWARE OF THE RABBITS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment